[linux-audio-dev] peakfiles and EDL's

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] peakfiles and EDL's
From: Robert Schrem (Robert.Schrem_AT_WiredMinds.de)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 10:49:02 EET

> Now, as a new note, the new tool from Samplitude has a new display
> method. They call it compusonics I think,

It works like this:

They compute a colour used for drawing the amplitude of the recorded
signal. This colour is computed as follows: The saturation corresponds
to the singnals distance to a pure sinus signal and the tint (red,
green, blue...) corresponds with a kind of key frequency of
the recorded signal. So areas of same key frequency and similar
overtone sprctrum look similar. This is kind of working (I'm
using Samplitude).

robby