Re: [linux-audio-dev] A good hand held digital recorder

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] A good hand held digital recorder
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 06:06:01 EET

On Saturday 06 January 2001 13:29, rob wrote:
[...]
> in my opinion is the form factor). i dunno what audio IO solutions
> are out there for pc104, but i'm sure something could be found (at
> worse resorting to USB solutions easily available).

Well, the PC-104 bus is actually a 16 bit ISA with a different
connector, so any ISA card would be usable. Obviously, the card would
be bigger than the entire computer board, but the complete system
could still be smaller than a laptop - and there's a wider choice of
audio cards.

Then there are "PC-104 size" systems based on PCI, also with adaptors
so you can use standard PCI cards... They're a lot more expensive
than the rather affordable PC-104 boards, though.

//David

| Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |
`----------------------> http://www.linuxaudiodev.com/maia -'