[linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] Full-duplex on a MidiMan Delta 1010

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] Full-duplex on a MidiMan Delta 1010
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 21:41:39 EET

>What is the best to use : STREAM or BLOCK mode?

block. if only because stream has been removed in 0.6.0.

>I guess the synchronisation system with snd_pcm_sync_go must be
>used. I tried to start from latency.c buth without success
>yet. Opening the device for input and output works correctly,
>synchronisation capability is recognized (the synchro function in
>latency.c returns 1) but then snd_pcm_sync_go returns " device not
>configurated error" . (Actually i don't know the values to be set in
>the snd_pcm_sync_t structure)

this was all rather strange back in 0.5.X, and its been removed in
0.6.0. i don't remember the right things to do, unfortunately. i
recall finding some example code (probably in aplay ?) i know that the
early versions of ardour had this stuff in it, but i can't tell you
what dates. you might try getting a version of ardour from sometime in
may 2000 (cvs -z3 co -D "may 23rd 2000"), and look at
alsa_device.cc. sorry this is not more help. maybe abramo or jaroslav
will recall more clearly what you had to do.

--p