Re: [linux-audio-dev] intro

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] intro
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 23:24:38 EET

On Monday 08 January 2001 20:21, Iain Sandoe wrote:
> > that's (roughly) (among other things) what I want to pursue - a
> > flexible and small FX box to stomp on.
> > so I figure there must be development boards with audio I/O that
> > are less than a Euro board (160x100) in size
> > can anybody recommend one ?
> > ....OK, just discovered the PC104 thing, so will explore
> > this first thanks anyway
> >
> > other than that I'll start with an install on my old K6-233 to
> > get used with the stuff
>
> power-consumption-wise you'd be better off with PPC - does Motorola
> not make a small form-factor evaluation board or similar?

Yes; 15% of the power consumption for twice the DSP power (DSP in
particular, that is), or something like that - the difference could
be even bigger when considering the mobile versions.

//David

| Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |
`----------------------> http://www.linuxaudiodev.com/maia -'