Re: [linux-audio-dev] low-latency scheduling patch for 2.4.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] low-latency scheduling patch for 2.4.0
From: Cort Dougan (cort_AT_fsmlabs.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 05:22:24 EET

} > - If you care about latency, be *very* cautious about upgrading to
} > XFree86 4.x. I'll cover this issue in a separate email, copied
} > to the XFree team.
}
} Did that email pass by me unnoticed? What's the prob with XF86 4.0?

The darn thing disables intrs on its own for quite some time with some of
the more aggressive drivers. We saw our 20us latencies under RTLinux go up
a lot with some of those drivers.