Re: [linux-audio-dev] remote panels

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] remote panels
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 20:26:38 EET

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 01:07:10PM -0500, rob wrote:
> the biggest annoyance in doing this is the physical panel construction
> itself. the rest of the stuff wouldn't be hard; though i don't know where
> i'd find a jog wheel.
>
> my questions would be:
>
> what are the off the shelf alternatives?

Fostex sell thiers as spare parts (they have a SVGA style connector),
Alesis make one (9 pin ADAT sync, but I don't think it has meters),
Mackie will sell one for thier HDR. Paul, know if you can fit an Alesis
BRC to the sync port on a Hammerfall? And what happens if you do?

Come to think of it there is a Sony remote protocol that runs over rs422,
but it was designed for video, so I doubt it can support meters, but there
are lots of remotes that support it e.g. http://www.colinbroad.com/html/sr.html
http://www.vuetech.com/vuefind.htm

> would it be worth doing?

Maybe. My medium term plan it to bodge something with a palmtop. Easy, no
hardware hacking involved, cheap.

- Steve