Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour finally gets some competition

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour finally gets some competition
From: rob (rob_AT_kaybee.org)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 20:07:10 EET

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Steve Harris wrote:

> It would just need an jog+shuttle dial, some LED (preferably) meters, a 8
> digit (I think) time display, and some play stop ffwd etc. and location
> number pad buttons. No sliders.
> An alternative of course is building a USB/serial adapter for an existing
> control panel you can buy as a part.

the biggest annoyance in doing this is the physical panel construction
itself. the rest of the stuff wouldn't be hard; though i don't know where
i'd find a jog wheel.

my questions would be:

what are the off the shelf alternatives?
would it be worth doing?
who would be interested if it were built (and at what price)?
does anyone know how to build enclosures?

                                rob

----
Rob Melby
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt4255a
Internet: rob_AT_kaybee.org, gt4255a_AT_prism.gatech.edu