Re: [linux-audio-dev] Newbie: searching a good library for audio + midi

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Newbie: searching a good library for audio + midi
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 02:27:19 EET

>Would a combination of ardour and midithing give me the possibilty to
>add audio data which I manipulate with effects in realtime?

you can do something like this with just ardour.

every LADPSA parameter can be controlled by MIDI in realtime from
within ardour. just use "ctrl-click" on the controller object in the
LADSPA plugin control window, and then operate a MIDI controller of
some kind. ardour will bind the MIDI CC number to that parameter.

>Something like this: If I send a "C" with midithing to a special
>midi-device so that then an other programms plays a audio file. And if
>I change the velocity of that node, that the other programm applies a
>effect to the audio file. This would be cool.

ah, thats different. you want something more like MIDI triggering and
the mapping of other MIDI events to "events internal to the audio
software". very different.

quasimodo can theoretically do this, but i don't want to recommend to
anyone that they try it out right now; a resolution for this year: get
back to working on quasimodo :)

--p