RE: [linux-audio-dev] the alternate API for LAAGA: its problems

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] the alternate API for LAAGA: its problems
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 01:08:22 EEST

A heads-up for you all to let you know that I've just started building an
alternative API to LAAGA (in case you care). As posted before, LAAGA doesn't
seem the right approach to me - it seems to be more of a
framework/application than an API.

I don't really have time to do this, but London's too hot at the moment to
sleep ;-)

BTW, I'm very eager to have a look at GStreamer in more detail because this
is one of the approaches I'm trying to reconcile. Does anyone know where I
can get a look at the source? I've tried downloading a few times from
www.gstreamer.net (sourceforge) without success.

Thanks,

--Richard