Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA: updates, laaga-0.2.0 tarball available

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA: updates, laaga-0.2.0 tarball available
From: Karl MacMillan (karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 17:32:24 EEST

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Paul Davis wrote:

> I just have a very different philosophy about this kind of interface
> than you do Abramo. I see simplicity and stability in explicitly
> enumerating (growing) set of mutator/access functions; you see
> simplicitly and stability in enumerating a (growing) set of macro
> constants and providing a generic set of functions to use them with.
>
> But I'm perfectly willing to listen to the crowd.

Paul,

I'm with you - using C++ has taught me how valuable typesafe public
interfaces can be. Anything that can be caught at compile time as opposed
to runtime is a Good Thing.

Karl

> --p

| Karl W. MacMillan |
| Computer Music Department |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu |
| mambo.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac |