Re: [linux-audio-dev] Another Annoying "How Do I Get Started" Question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Another Annoying "How Do I Get Started" Question
From: Tom Pincince (stillone_AT_snowcrest.net)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 23:19:30 EEST

> How do I access all of the channels of my Hoontech DSP24 II?

The DSP24 II uses the Envy 24 i/o controller chip, ICE1712. It is used
in a number of digital i/o cards, such as the midiman delta series.
ALSA supports the delta cards. The DSP24 is currently code green, which
means that the documentation necessary to write a driver is available,
but a driver has not yet been written. While I have not used OSS, my
understanding is that it doesn't support the advanced features of modern
multi-channel cards. Look into ALSA.

Tom