Re: [linux-audio-dev] Help: native ALSA 0.9b5 apps refuse to work, OSS apps work

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Help: native ALSA 0.9b5 apps refuse to work, OSS apps work
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 12:20:44 EEST

On Tuesday 10 July 2001 08:13, Matthias Weiss wrote:

> > [benno_AT_smp benno]$ alsamixer
> > ALSA lib control.c:525:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default
> >
> > alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or
> > directory
> >

> > Is this because I have no /etc/asound.conf file ?
>
> I'm not an alsa hacker but at least I can say, that after I built myself a
> asound.conf things worked better. To do so use the command
>
> alsactl store

does not work either same errors as on aplay, alsamixer ...

>> If I remember right you can set the name of your card in modules.conf with
>
> option id=mycardname

ok but I guess that the default is card 0 if there is only a single card in
my system.

> Further check if there is a link from /dev/snd to /proc/asound/dev .

yes the link is here and a cat of the proc entries shows me that the card is
here, alive and well.

> Hope that helped.

unfortunately the problem is still unsolved.

ALSA experts, any hint ?
Am I doing something wrong ?

Benno.