Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: laptop audio performance chart ... any realworld tests ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: laptop audio performance chart ... any realworld tests ?
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 18:33:39 EEST

On Tuesday 10 July 2001 17:17, Joe Miklojcik wrote:
> http://www.ouroboros-complex.org/3x256.html
> http://www.ouroboros-complex.org/4x256.html
> http://www.ouroboros-complex.org/3x128.html
> http://www.ouroboros-complex.org/4x128.html
>
> Looking good!

the 256byte tests are all ok , but the fragsize=128 are really weird.
I assume you heard lots of audible dropouts.
Are you using ALSA ?

I'm not sure but I've managed to crash ALSA at 128byte fragments with the
SBLive several times.

The problem right now is that I do not get ALSA 0.9x working on my box right
now so I cannot perform any testing. (and no one on this list seems to be
willing to help me out :-) )

cheers,
Benno.