Re: [linux-audio-dev] Another Annoying "How Do I Get Started"Question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Another Annoying "How Do I Get Started"Question
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 19:06:25 EEST

Greg Berchin wrote:
> THAT is exactly what I am looking for, then. My first goal is creation or
> adoption of this basic framework with a simple dummy DSP routine in the
> middle. Once the I/O framework is in place, then it is a simple matter of
> plugging-in the appropriate subroutine(s) in place of the dummy routine.

Once again, I suggest ecasound and LADSPA. To me it seems tailor-made for what
you want to do.

Download the ladspa sdk from www.ladspa.org, build and install it.
Then download ecasound from www.eca.cx, build it, install it, skim the manual.
(To use double-precision audio data you'll have to change the two typedefs I
mentioned in my previous mail.)

Then your entire framework consists of a simple shell command:

ecasound -i:your_input_device -o:your_output_device \
         -el:some_ladspa_plugin,parameter1,parameter2,...

You could use any of the example plugins with the LADSPA SDK as your "dummy
routine.
"

--
custom calendars & printing: http://www.calendargalaxy.com