Re: [linux-audio-dev] Laaga multiple sample rates (Re: LAAGA: updates, laaga-0.2.0 tarball available)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Laaga multiple sample rates (Re: LAAGA: updates, laaga-0.2.0 tarball available)
From: Jarno Seppanen (jams_AT_cs.tut.fi)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 19:58:58 EEST

Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 07:07:52PM +0300, Jarno Seppanen wrote:
> > Yesterday I was trying to make a LADSPA host for LAAGA, and the very lack of
> > per-port sample rates made me have to implement some (inferior) sort of a
> > downsampler and an upsampler right in the host, which will produce surprising
> > results.
>
> Why? You can tell the plugin what the sample rate is at construction time,
> can't you just pass in the system sample rate?

On every process cycle, the LAAGA system will provide a buffer of data to each
input port, be it an audio or a control port. The buffers are of equal
length, as there is currently one Global Sample Rate.

Now, the ladspa plug-in will only use the very first sample from each control
input port buffer, and produce only one sample to each control output port
buffer. There's the problem, in this case.

--
-Jarno