Re: [linux-audio-dev] Help: native ALSA 0.9b5 apps refuse to work, OSS apps work

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Help: native ALSA 0.9b5 apps refuse to work, OSS apps work
From: Abramo Bagnara (abramo_AT_alsa-project.org)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 09:14:38 EEST

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Abramo Bagnara said on LAD:
> >You have not installed alsa.conf. There was a bug I fixed some time ago
> >pointed to me by Paul. I don't remember if 0.9b5 contains the fix or
> >not.
>
> >Please use current CVS.
>
> Abramo Bagnara said on ALSA-Devel:
>
> --------------
> Re: [Alsa-devel] Two state bug in ALSA0.9.0beta4 effects
> multiplecards.
> Date:
> Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:36:09 +0200
> From:
> Abramo Bagnara <abramo_AT_alsa-project.org>
> To:
> Steven Feil <sfeil_AT_fnord.io.com>
> CC:
> alsa-devel_AT_lists.sourceforge.net, Patrick Shirkey
> <pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com>
> Steven Feil wrote:
> >
> > To: Abramo
> > The thing is where did Patrick Shirkey get his "etc/asound.conf" file?
> > Most people I know use the file created by "alsactl store". The true
> > test of the two state bug is that "alsactl store" will actually create
> > two different "etc/asound.conf" files, one for the good state and one
> > for the bad state.
>
> Currently alsactl create /etc/asound.state.
>
> So when is asound.conf created? Is it when the alsa-utils package is
> installed?

It's not created currently. It may contains system wide *local*
definitions. Installation process should not create it.

--
Abramo Bagnara                       mailto:abramo_AT_alsa-project.org

Opera Unica Phone: +39.546.656023 Via Emilia Interna, 140 48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy

ALSA project http://www.alsa-project.org It sounds good!