Re: [linux-audio-dev] Help: native ALSA 0.9b5 apps refuse to work, OSS apps work

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Help: native ALSA 0.9b5 apps refuse to work, OSS apps work
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 11:22:53 EEST

Abramo Bagnara said:

>> So when is asound.conf created? Is it when the alsa-utils package is
>> installed?
>
>It's not created currently. It may contains system wide *local*
>definitions. Installation process should not create it.

Ok. I'm asking this because over the past week I installed cvs,
0.9.0beta5 and 0.5.11 versions around 15 times and I must have deleted
asound.conf about 5 or 6 times.

Now I am running 0.5.11 and I have a brand new asound.conf file which
has been generated by something because I didn't do it manually. If it
is not alsactl or the installation procedure I'm wondering what else
could have put it in /etc.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Manager Boost Hardware.
Importing Korean Computer Hardware to New Zealand.