Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALSA, Muse, alsa-seq, emu10k ...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALSA, Muse, alsa-seq, emu10k ...
From: Mark Constable (markc_AT_renta.net)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 06:37:42 EEST

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 01:25, you wrote:

> Please note that the ALSA emu10k1 driver still cannot handle large
> soundfonts. It's is purely due to the hardware limit - 32MB of PTB.

I like to do some work in this area... loading large
soundfonts. I'm aware there used to be a 32mb limit
in using shared ram but under windows these days that
limit is now half installed ram. I sell these boxes
with a 1gb of ram and we've had 100mbs of soundfonts
loaded (under windows) at once... spectacular, pity
the hardware was not a little cleaner otherwise it'd
be usable in commercial productions.

> I'd like to fix this problem but it's still pending for long time.

Would "porting" just sfxload to ALSA be of any use ?

Is anyone else out there fully focussed on soundfonts ?

--markc