[linux-audio-dev] Laaga-2.2

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Laaga-2.2
From: Karl MacMillan (karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 00:08:31 EEST

Paul,

I gave laaga a try today and I think it is great! This is definitely a
huge step in the right direction for linux audio. Some details of my
setup:

Dual PIII 933
512 mb ram
Ultra 160 scsi drive
G450 dual-head
linux-2.4.1 w/ Ingo Molnar low-latency
RME 9652 connected to a Soundcraft Spirit 328 digital mixer

Using this setup I can get reliable audio with the default 64 frames per
interrupt regardless of what else is happening. This same setup cannot do
this with ASIO under Windows 2000 (it is possible to make it glitch and I
have to use 128 frames for absolute reliability).

Also, the client interface is very nice - well thought out and clear. It
seems to me that the only peice that is missing is a gui to edit the
connections between applications and it is ready for developers to start
using (and soon after users). Thanks for your hard work and persistence
to make this happen.

Karl

| Karl W. MacMillan |
| Computer Music Department |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu |
| mambo.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac |