[linux-audio-dev] ardour Q

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] ardour Q
From: D. Stimits (stimits_AT_idcomm.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 20:31:50 EEST

I was unable to reach the address listed in Ardour's author file, and
wondered if maybe someone here could answer an install question on it?
Basically, I have libsndfile installed via rpm, and I can guarantee it
exists:
# ldconfig -p | grep libsndfile
  libsndfile.so.0 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libsndfile.so.0
  libsndfile.so.0 (libc6) => /usr/local/lib/libsndfile.so.0

Yet ./configure is broken for ardour-0.99.8:
checking for main in -lsndfile... no
configure: error: **** ardour requires libsndfile, but it doesn't appear
to be installed

I have tried manually forcing a check in the right directory with the
--libdir option, but no go. Possibly ardour does not like my libsndfile
version, but fails to give enough information about that to really know.
Does anyone here have a version of ardour that works with Redhat 7.1? Or
a way to force configure to accept the fact that libsndfile really is
there?

D. Stimits, stimits_AT_idcomm.com