Re: [linux-audio-dev] prof multitrack studio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] prof multitrack studio
From: ccb_AT_acm.org
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 17:49:10 EEST

> As nobody did mention GLAME yet: GLAME has a audio file editor component

I'm using Linux for pre-production with an Akai MPC2000XL.

I've been using GLAME. Much to my amazement it was able to yank in
all 94.4 MB of "Siberian Khatru" and allowed me to extract my samples
without crashing. I now have "Jon Anderson Hits" (as in "orchestra
hits") in my MPC (among other things). I haven't tried to edit from
"Close to the Edge" but all 197.6 MB loads up...

I need to look at the others. I need something that can figure out
that I'm looking at music at 117bpm, let me set the time signature and
the length of the anacrusis on the first measure and autoslice to the
measure or beat level.

ccb

--
Charles C. Bennett, Jr.			VA LiNUX Systems
Systems Engineer, Northeast US		25 Burlington Mall Rd., Suite 300