Re: [linux-audio-dev] Laaga "default" audio I/O hooks

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Laaga "default" audio I/O hooks
From: Jarno Seppanen (jams_AT_cs.tut.fi)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 12:49:38 EEST

jams_AT_cs.tut.fi (Jarno Seppanen) writes:

> The intention is that clients change the graph that is downstream from the 2nd
> port, using the standard laaga api. The patchbay functions as the "well-known"
> port names in this sense.

Small note: the patcbay may well be made more "realistic" using two inputs and
two outputs per channel and having internal switching based on whether there's
wires in ports or not. It seems to me that you were thinking in these lines?
However, in the real world this is done to make rewiring less laborious, which
doesn't hold anymore when program clients are doing it virtually.

> > 1) is this supposed to be a plugin or an external process?
>
> A "plugin" in the same way that a driver is, i.e., constructed and destructed
> by the engine and run in the engine stream. At startup, the engine should
                                      ^^^^^^
                                      thread

--
-Jarno