Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface
From: Andy Lo A Foe (andy_AT_orbital.xs4all.nl)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 15:49:18 EEST

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 01:12:29PM +0200, Alexander Ehlert wrote:

> I was just wondering why people on this list seem to ignore glame, when
> the discussion comes upon waveeditors. The waveeditor part is really
> stable now, we can edit files as large as permitted by the harddisk.
> We have even documentation, when you click on help. OK, the filternetwork
> editor is prone to crash. So I would be just curious what people dislike
> most with glame. Is it the user interface, not enough buttons, too many
> popup menus? Not enough effects? Glame people suck, always bitching around
> in this list ,) ?

I installed glame from Debian unstable (0.4.2) and, having used just
Sound Forge just the other day; how about a SF like interface?
Simple, and to the point, with nice easy toolbars 'n stuff?! I had to
read the manual to even open a WAV file in GLAME, not good :)

Regs,
Andy

(probably the last person who should complain about user interface
design, *cough* alsaplayer *cough*)