Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface
From: delire (delire_AT_selectparks.net)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 10:34:53 EEST

i've worked experimentally and professionally in soft editing and multitrack
environments for many years across several platforms. it's both my income
and my studio.
in this way i have alot to say about glame largely from a comparitive
perspective. however criticisms so far seem to largely surround
inconsistencies and counter-intuitive windowing configurations in interface
design.
i'll make some time tonight and get some writing to you here tomorrow.

keep hearing many pro-audio ppl lamenting the fact there is not more
extensive and usable editor / multitrack for linux. in some ways we can't
really complain? - what glame can do already is testimony to many months of
commitment + labour just for the satifaction of contributing to a good
thing. criticisms of glame therefore shouldn't be absolutist and totalised
write-offs of the app based on - eg: libs?? that's political veganism as
applied to software design - all in all ensuring a pointlessly mypoic and
distracted approach to the goals of developing a good tool.

de|

_ / a -> b, b ->c, a -> d, d -> c ...and so on... \ _