Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface
From: Richard Guenther (rguenth_AT_tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 18:00:08 EEST

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Paul Davis wrote:

> ljp writes, in response to two criticisms of GNOME dependency:
>
> >To me, music is more important than any library ideologies. I wouldn't give
> >a rats ass if software was made with QBASIC, as long as it compiles fairly
> >easily
>
> and then continues:
>
> >(not alot of excessive library inclusion that I have to install
> >every libtom-libdick-and-libharry libs just to compile it- because there no
> >binaries available),
>
> which IMHO is precisely the problem with depending on GNOME ...

Err - for which part of GNOME or its dependencies are no binaries
available??? Paul, what are you smoking??? The above is precisely
the problem with adour which certainly doesnt depend on GNOME but
libraries for which no binaries are available...

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther_AT_uni-tuebingen.de>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/