Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 00:45:41 EEST

ljp wrote:

> > >Can't compile it without GNOME. I don't like that. I guess that makes me a
> > >luddite. Oh well.
> >
> >i *am* a luddite, and i don't like GNOME-dependent audio software either.
>
> To me, music is more important than any library ideologies. I wouldn't give
> a rats ass if software was made with QBASIC, as long as it compiles fairly
> easily
(snip)

But there's a practical side to my objection. Sorry if it didn't come across. If
there's an app I'm mildly curious about that, upon downloading, I can't even get
through configure because I don't have 100MB of other stuff it wants, I toss it.
I don't have time to install a huge desktop environment just to give one app a
test drive.

If I had GNOME installed, that would be no problem; but I'm on a laptop here and
space is tight, and I really don't want to have to make room for it. When I get
more drive space this won't be a big issue for me.

Where's the ideological problem there? We were *asked* for our complaints with
GLAME, *as users* ... that's mine. Why is anyone taking offense?

--
custom calendars & printing: http://www.calendargalaxy.com