Re: [linux-audio-dev] Wrappers and LAAGA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Wrappers and LAAGA
From: Sébastien Métrot (meeloo_AT_noos.fr)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 22:24:16 EEST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard W.E. Furse" <richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk>
To: <linux-audio-dev_AT_music.columbia.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 8:19 PM

> However, some might see it a bit rude to take their Linux plugins and
> compile them for Windows and because of this I've not encouraged spread to
> other platforms. What do folk think? I wouldn't mind for my CMT plugins.

I think they made this choice when they decided what kind of licence they
had to apply to their work. They can regret afterwards but that's just how
things are supposed to be in OSS world aren't they?

BTW, if someone liked your stuff enough to port them to another platform I
think you can just be happy and I really don't see what problem people can
have with it. Why would they?

Sebastien