Re: [linux-audio-dev] modifiers was - what's wrong with glame

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] modifiers was - what's wrong with glame
From: Iain Sandoe (iain_AT_sandoe.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 23:51:24 EEST

Look this may have got out-of-hand (it was meant to be an illustration of a
point rather than a Very Important Thing).

>> so why don't we use the <ALT> key as the copy/cut/paste modifier?
>
> What's wrong with C-w, M-w and C-y? ;-).

the same argument about stretching applies (at least on the kbds I have).
More so to "y" than "v", in fact.

Yes, I know I can re-map anything I like.

--

The suggestion at the bottom of my last mail stands:

why not have a common place for LAD prefs and an agreement that "LAD-compliant" apps use them.

That way no-one has to be 'right' or 'wrong' about key sequences (or whether one-button mice are usable) etc. but, at the same time, the benefit of similarity between app's common functions is maintained.

ciao, Iain.