Re: [linux-audio-dev] modifiers was - what's wrong with glame

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] modifiers was - what's wrong with glame
From: Sébastien Métrot (meeloo_AT_noos.fr)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 00:54:22 EEST

Isn't it exactely the job of the main X Desktop providers to reach an
agreement about where such specs should be placed in the users directory and
what format it should be? (I'm becoming a big fan of xml for such kind of
settings files but wahtever will do as long as it's a standard that every
one comply to...).
I think we should presure on the people make gnome and kde (and some of the
other big desktop makers) to create a standard concerning user preferences
about the way the ui should respond and what key bindings the user usualy
wants for the main option (like open, save, copy, cut, paste, exist, send,
play, stop, go one word right, go one word left, etc...).
I really believe that such a thing would be a nice step forward for linux in
the desktop world and as a possible concurent to other oses.

This usualy is a real strength of the other OSes I uses: most of the time
the programmers keep their UI concistent with the OS's guideline.

Sebastien