Re: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] modifiers was - what's wrong with glame

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] modifiers was - what's wrong with glame
From: Richard Guenther (rguenth_AT_tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 12:27:00 EEST

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, n++k wrote:

> [Rick Burnett <destinytech_AT_spacey.net>]
>

> | I like the idea of completely remapable hot-keys. My example because
> [...]
>
> | I also disagree that great effort should have to be put into using the
> | UI, thats why I refuse to use emacs and framemaker period, they are
>
> the funny part being that emacs feature those completly remapable hot-keys

Even more funny is that GLAMEs hotkeys are completely remapable like
with emacs, too. In fact a specification (ok, you'll need to do this
within a text-editor, no nice GUI frontend for this, yet) for the
demanded <space> hotkey for playin inside the wavewidget is

<scope scope="waveview">
  <accel state="0" spec="space">
(let ((grp (waveedit-gpsm-grp))
      (sel (waveedit-get-selection))
      (mar (waveedit-get-marker)))
  (if (&lt;= (cdr sel) 0)
      (waveedit-play mar (- (gpsm-item-hsize grp) mar) #f #f)
      (waveedit-play (car sel) (+ (car sel) (cdr sel)) #t #f)))
  </accel>
</scope>

This does check, if we have a selection, if yes, play that and restore
the marker (which is moving during play) after play, if no, just start
playing from the current marker position.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther_AT_uni-tuebingen.de>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/