Re: [linux-audio-dev] Wrappers and LAAGA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Wrappers and LAAGA
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 14:38:45 EEST

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 11:22:49PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> * Ardour publishes a set of ports called "Ardour:Line N"
> * softsynth "foo" has an output port. the user connects to it
> to "Ardour:Line N"
> * Ardour record-enables the diskstream, and starts recording.
>
> The connections might be done entirely within each application, or a
> 3d part app could be used. Note, however, that Ardour will probably
> lock each of its ports to prevent 3rd parties from modifying their
> connections.
>
> any questions?

Yup (you knew it), I tried to write a simple command line app though could
do linking eg:

$ laaga_link list
Foo:out 1 -> Ardour:Line 5
$ laaga_link make "Foo:out 2" "Ardour:Line 6"
$ laaga_link list
Foo:out 1 -> Ardour:Line 5
Foo:out 2 -> Ardour:Line 6

Well, you get the jist. But, there didn;t seem to be a way of getting a
list of conntections from the LAAGA server, or were you planning to make
that a subset of laaga_get_ports?

On the subject laaga_get_ports didn't seem to be implemnted in 0.2.2, if
it isn't still done (I havn't looked at 0.2.3 yet) do you want me to have
a go at at it?

- Steve