Re: [linux-audio-dev] CSL-0.1.2 Release

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] CSL-0.1.2 Release
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 18:37:27 EEST

>> > important. If OSS had looked more like the IRIX audio I/O library, I
>> > think ALSA would look very different today, for example. That library
>> > only supports float32 data, for example.
>>
>> Though the IRIX adoption does not imply it's the right choice...
>
>Its even wrong. IRIX dmedia supports all usual formats and encodings.

my information was that it does not do this for h/w ports. i've
checked the API again, and I see that it does indeed support other
formats.

i thus remove IRIX from the list of supporting architectures. that
leaves a half dozen plugin systems plus the new Apple OS-X audio
API. i still haven't checked BeOS.

apologies for the error.

--p