Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA proposal, part ??

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA proposal, part ??
From: Rick Burnett (destinytech_AT_spacey.net)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 01:27:13 EEST

I just don't see the point in creating an 'abstraction' in C. Maybe
its just me, but the whole object scheme seems the logical way to do
things ESPECIALLY for something like this. I used to dislike C++
about four years ago, then I spent a great deal of time reading and
understanding OOP, and now, I find that in a world where you are
'trying' to get component reuse, it helps in many ways. Easier to
read code, easier organization, and very clear distinction of outside
and inside methods. Is it that this API is to be so simple that an
object representation is not necessary?

Rick