Re: [linux-audio-dev] CSL-0.1.2 Release

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] CSL-0.1.2 Release
From: Joe Kazmer (jjkst46+@pitt.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 19:01:25 EEST

--On Friday, June 8, 2001 7:29 AM -0400 Paul Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net> wrote:r
> As for the realtime requirements, here is a partial list of
> applications that are supposed to be "realtime like Ardour":
>
> ardour
> jMax
> pd
> csound
> quasimodo
> terminatorX
> soundtracker
> taapir
> ultramaster synths
> rythmnlab
> greenbox
> muse
> jazz++
>
> the list goes on. it just so happens that these are the kinds of
> applications that we want to be sharing data in a low-latency,
> real-time environment.

Precisely the apps that I and a lot of other people on this list need and
want to use. Does this boil down to another "pro-audio bigots" vs.
everyone else debate? If you only want to run games and mod-trackers,
fine, but quit complaining about designs that really do seem to be
necessary for those of us who are audio professionals (or at least serious
amateurs). We (presuming to speak for other "audio pros" out there) really
do need the lowest latency we can get.
-dgm