Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Just a thought about a possible hardware hack

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Just a thought about a possible hardware hack
From: Rick Burnett (destinytech_AT_spacey.net)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 17:39:50 EEST

I find it very hard to beleive that the crystal is in the chip. I
design chips and I have never seem them put a crystal inside the
package. The three things that they could do is build an oscillator out
of silicon, use a clock divider and slow down a clock coming in, or
use a PLL to speed up a clock. My assumption would be that there is a
crystal being used somewhere because the onboard oscillator and PLL
ideas have jitter and that is not something you want in audio
playback.

Rick