Re: [linux-audio-dev] Low Latencies. Which hardware to use?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Low Latencies. Which hardware to use?
From: Alexander Ehlert (alexander.ehlert_AT_uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 20:22:16 EEST

Hi,

> I have a trident-based hoontech card that I can run quite happily at
> 64 frames. My Tropez+ is a bit more problematic at 64 frames - the two
> streams don't seem to run precisely in sync with each other all the
> time. I don't know if this a h/w problem or a design problem.

So what kind of buffer settings are you using with alsa? Reading the
source the alsa xg driver seems to allow 64 frames fragment size, but
trying to set it with buffer_rate_near always gives me a frame size around
200. Can't recall the exact amount atm.
I have a dual machine, too. Are all your soundcards pci btw? My SB AWE
is ISA, maybe that's the problem? I think I'll get myself the
new RME card with multiface. Paul: How about writing a driver together?
At least it seems that this card is already available in germany. Do you
think RME would actually provide hardware for writing a driver or do
I still have to purchase it :)

Cheers, Alex