Re: [linux-audio-dev] Setting up a vocoder demo?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Setting up a vocoder demo?
From: David G Matthews (dgm4+@pitt.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 19:53:21 EEST

I've used some of the NoTAM software (Ceres and Mammut) and, AFAIK it
cannot be made to run in real time. You can get some really spectacular
sonic transformations with Ceres, but you will be able to to is show a
"before" and "after" comparison of pre- and post-processed material. I
happen to think that Ceres is one of the best reasons for doing audio on
Linux, but for a demo booth you probably want RT apps.
-dgm
BTW, How are you planning on solving the sync problem of two soundcards?