Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA API Proposal

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA API Proposal
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 06:51:10 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:

> duh. silly me. this already exists. thanks for the reminder.
>
> note, however, that you can't disable clients that are connected,
> since that would stall the graph. you can't do the kind of "connection
> forwarding" that you describe, since they may not match at all:
> suppose i have a client with 4 inputs and 1 output. how could i
> forward the connections to the next node in the graph?

I'm a little ignorant of how your call graph is going to work. But if
its a special MIX node then it would be fairly easy to just route the
output of the mix node to the client following the disabled client? Of
course if a client has multiple special inputs itself, then I can see
what you mean. But probably most clients with multiple inputs would have
1 "signal" related input that would make the most sense to route to the
next client were it to be disabled. Like if its a DELAY client and there
are 2 inputs one for "signal" and one for "delay time" then it would
make the most logic sense to pass the "signal" input onto the next
client if the DELAY were disabled. Perhaps there could be some added
client parameters to describe what to do in this type of situation (what
inputs to forward when disabled)? Not sure if any of this is helpful or
relevent :) It would seem like a nice thing to be able to do though in
real time, turning on and off a client effect. Lates..
        Josh Green