Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA API Proposal

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA API Proposal
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 01:18:18 EEST

>It might be nice to have some option to disable clients. So that the
>connection would still be remembered but the client's outputs connected
>to the disabled client would be connected to the next clients inputs. Of
>course this functionality might be taken care of at a higher level and
>not required at the engine level?

duh. silly me. this already exists. thanks for the reminder.

note, however, that you can't disable clients that are connected,
since that would stall the graph. you can't do the kind of "connection
forwarding" that you describe, since they may not match at all:
suppose i have a client with 4 inputs and 1 output. how could i
forward the connections to the next node in the graph?

--p