Re: [linux-audio-dev] Article about multithreading

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Article about multithreading
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 19:19:37 EEST

>I've seen this on slashdot:
>
>http://www.systemlogic.net/articles/01/6/multithreading/
>
>I've not had the time to read it yet but judging from the index it seems
>interesting and I think it's a good read for us audio folks.

no, it has nothing to do with multithreaded programming. its an
article about various kinds hw support for multithreading, ranging
from traditional multiprocessing to Simultaneous MultiThreading (SMT,
aka "jackson technology"), as done on systems like the Tera (and
rumored to appear on a future Intel chip).

--p