Re: [linux-audio-dev] Article about multithreading

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Article about multithreading
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 19:04:15 EEST

Hello.

Were it in this thread we asked about easy-to-use library for handling
multithreading and the like?

We could compile such library if people are interested. Guenter has already
something. I have routines to fork a new process and have a FD between them;
the routines could be extended to handle a shared memory system. I have
also shmalloc() and mmapalloc(). Yet I have an FD server.

It may not sound like one needs to have utility routines for fork()
and pipe() but I needed the system to be clear enough. I still need
more utilities for setting things running almost transparently.

OK, I can dig my code and put them available. It is better than nothing.

Juhana