Re: [linux-audio-dev] silent for a while

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] silent for a while
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 23:14:16 EEST

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 04:35:41PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> i'm off on a road-trip to illinois for the rest of this week, so don't
> expect to hear anymore about my audioengine/laaga prototype till at
> least sunday (jun 24th).

Hope you had a good time.

> i would really appreciate it if kai, steve h., the richards and others
> could take a look at the code to get a feel for the design and let me
> know what you all think. its definitely not finished, but i'm excited
> about the possibilities.

I've been poking the code, it seems to get into a state where the engine
will freeze somewhere before audioengine_add_port_segment gets called,
which means that the engine struct isn't set up correctly and bad things
happen when a client tries to connect.

After trying to debug it for a half hour or so alsa started spamming into
/var/log/messages and I had to do a soft reboot.

Oh well, I have a fair idea how it all fits together now ;) I'l try and
reproduce it.

> ideas on how to have clients get access to the list of port
> connections are also very welcome.

Thinking about this and the new ports problem. No inspiration yet.

- Steve