Re: [linux-audio-dev] LinuxTag Infomail #3

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LinuxTag Infomail #3
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 12:09:28 EEST

Frank Neumann wrote:

> Hi again,
> here's the 3rd infomail for the (now really) upcoming LinuxTag 2001.

> In fact, this allows for one extra exhibitor at our booth: Peter
> 'shurdeek' Surda from Austria will bring his Multimedia Jukebox with
> him, which is - if I understood him correctly - a MP3 encoder/player
> system all-in-a-box he developed as a private hobby. He'll be doing live
> demonstrations there ("one-click to encode"), and the list of features
> sounded quite interesting. He asked me if he could join us, and as I
> think his project is close enough to "audio developers", I let him in.

interesting !

> T-Shirts
> --------

yeah! i'll take three. XXL if possible.

> Ok, first we might need some actual
> design...

not necessarily. this is called top-down approach :)

> Instruments
> -----------
> I had hoped some local shop would lend us some MIDI hardware, speakers
> etc. for free if we give them some advertising at the fair, but they
> told me on Monday they'll charge us for that. So, I dumped that idea. I
> believe whatever we can come up with ourselves should be enough.
>
> Jörn, I can't find your mail with your hardware offer - could you sum up
> what computer/music equipment you plan to bring with you?

well, if someone gave me a lift by car, i could bring a stage piano,
two 15/3 speakers (hk audio) w/ amping, microphone stands. i have a
32/8/2, but it's old-ish, that means it won't even fit into an
average car. :( i don't think we would want to waste so much booth
space anyway. mackie 1604, anyone ?

  but since i don't have a driver's license, and nobody seems to
come to the fair from my direction (essen/germany), it looks like i
need to come by train.

in that case, all i can bring is my computer (dual p3/600, 512m ram,
sblive, ensoniq audiopci, network, no screen), a large diaphragm
studio microphone, a fretless electric bass (only if someone wants
to demonstrate realtime fx or something like that), cabling,
adaptors and tools. i can also bring two more network cards and a
second graphics card if someone wants to do dual head. but i need to
test this myself, first.
i'll try to get another disk by then, and i'll bring a cleanly
installed linux w/ current, latency-patched kernel and latest alsa
cvs.

> Flyers
> ------
> If someone's willing to put some work into this (only the
> content for now; I would do the typesetting myself with a certain style
> file for LaTeX, I did this before), I'd appreciate that.

i can do that, but not before june 27. if that's not too late, count
on me and you'll have some material in your mailbox by thursday,
june 28.

thanks for your work, see you soon,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany