[linux-audio-dev] Novice Programmer

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Novice Programmer
From: ccortner (ccortner_AT_vsat.net)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 23:08:55 EET

I am fairly novice c programmer interested in writing a tracker like audio
application with integrated synths. I have been trying to decide which set
of libraries to use, but they all seem to have major downfalls. OSS is
becoming outdated, ALSA doesnt have any good documentation, ESound appears to
have been stalled in development, and I can only find c++ documentation for
most of the features in the ARTS libraries..

I need some suggestions on which one I should go with, I would like to use
ALSA if someone can give me some clues on how to get started or where to find
good docs. Otherwise I'm open to suggestions

thanks
Chris Cortner