Re: [linux-audio-dev] Novice Programmer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Novice Programmer
From: Matthias Weiss (matthias.we_AT_gmx.at)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 11:22:37 EET

I suggest you join an existing project - there are several ones that could
need your input.
First that pop into my mind are soundtracker (www.soundtracker.org),
ecasound (www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/),
vodootracker(www.syncomm.org/voodoo/main.html), muse(muse.seh.de) and of course ardour( ardour.sourceforge.net ) -
some of them are written in C++;

For a comprehensive overview check www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound/

It's generally recommendable to use ALSA, as they announced to release 0.9
in the near future, where you might expect better documentation up to then.
Right now, you can learn a lot by reading code of existing projects.

matthias