Re: [linux-audio-dev] License Concerns about ladspa.h and GPL programs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] License Concerns about ladspa.h and GPL programs
From: Stefan Westerfeld (stefan_AT_space.twc.de)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 02:19:15 EET

   Hi!

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 10:47:30AM +1100, Conrad Parker wrote:
> Richard, Paul, Stefan: could you *please* make the redistribution/licensing
> terms of ladspa.h more explicit? It is currently not Open Source, and
> cannot be distributed eg. in Debian.

For me, one of the following { BSD, LGPL, GPL } would be fine, in decreasing
order of preference. Not that I dislike GPL ;-) - it's just that a plugin
API should be as widely useable as possible, and BSD seems to be the least
restrictive.

Paul? Richard?

   Cu... Stefan

--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan_AT_space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany