[linux-audio-dev] setting up a linux studio???

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] setting up a linux studio???
From: Aron Mel (aron_AT_il.aduva.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 08:41:10 EET

HI
I am setting up a dual boot computer for a friend.
windoze, sampletude, Cakewalk etc.
Linux- I want to show off the best of whats current.
Low latency patch
Multi rrack Recording/editing
midi
notation
etc>
----------------------------
I am a bit unsure where to start. I work in a company that produces software
for Linux and I could install any distribution but don't know which one is
the best starting place.
I have people to help me with configuration but I need to know what to do.
_______________________________
How does one get the Alsa version that will run Ardour?
what do I need to download for low latency??
Any specific tweaking I will need to do to my system for it to work well as a
home studio.
---------------------------
Are there any easy to use programs to create mixes using mp4?
------------
The computer is Pc with an athalon 1gig cpu, a very fast 20 gig ibm scsi hd a
larg monitor a cdr/rw
---------------------------
The sound card will be for Windoze the Yamaha dsp factory(as far as I know no
linux support) and at present for linux the SB Live.(not anything special but
its cheap.) Anyone have an Idea of a way to get the Yamaha working fo Lin??
What would you recomment as far as software is concerned??
If you have any other recommendations please let me know. This is my chance
to push Linux and Linux audio.
Thanks Aaron Mehl
aron_AT_il.aduva.com

--