Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ ardour ] next step

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ ardour ] next step
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 22:25:17 EET

> Thanks for the clarification, Paul, that's very exciting news. Any
>idea when all of this magic will start to come together ? Is aes in the
>planning stage or is prototype working now ? And does this news mean
>that you're back to work on Quasimodo too ?
>
> And do you ever sleep ?! ;)

aes compiles and runs right now. i haven't done a version of ardour to
work with it, but based on the work i did to make quasimodo do the
same thing, it should take about 1 hour. i plan to do that tomorrow
daytime. the hardest problem will be figuring out source code
organization of the whole thing. and yes, i am back to working on
quasimodo, at least to the extent of keeping it compilable. the
language issue (for writing modules) is still a major obstacle to
further progress on Q.

and yes, i sleep, actually more than i used to. about 7-8hrs a night
these days, though less when the current object of my adoration is
available.

--p