Re: [linux-audio-dev] General Recording Device and Environment Questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] General Recording Device and Environment Questions
From: Micheal Allen Thompson (mat0001_AT_unt.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 12:04:51 EET

Speaking of the Delta cards. I just got a Audiophile 2496. I wonder if
somebody on this list using the alsa drivers is using this card and that
the Digital i/o is working.

I have it on my Mac at home. The card sounds great however Digital i/o is
not working. Tech support has been less than helpful. Before I send this
card back I wonder if it is fully functional under linux with the alsa
driver. I have a secret reason for this.... as I dont use Linux on x86 I
would like to get it running under linuxPPC.

Michael

 On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, D. R. Holsbeck wrote:

> I have a delta1010, that I use with Alsa and Ardour.
> It works very well.
>

> Paul Winkler wrote:
> <snip>
> > Echo does not support linux, nor do they let anyone see the necessary
> > specs, so there are no linux drivers for mona or any other echo cards.
> > The Delta series all have OSS and ALSA drivers for linux. I haven't
> > used them so I can't report on how well they work, but I think there
> > are some people on here using Deltas.
> <end snip>
> --
> drh_AT_niptron.com
>
> "Necessity is the mother of taking chances."
> --Mark Twain.

Michael A. Thompson
Composer/Computer Nerd
Linux MacOS Windows BeOS IRIX