RE: [linux-audio-dev] General Recording Device and Environment Qu estions

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] General Recording Device and Environment Qu estions
From: Richard C. Burnett (burnett_AT_tality.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 22:08:31 EET

Hehe optical pickups? My only concern there would be differences in the
tonal quality. Anytime you change the translation methodology you get
different response. I like the way my single coils sound. I just read an
article that says that in newer strats (like mine) The center pick-up has
reverse windings and reverse poles, so when connected together with the
bridge and neck pickups it works like a humbucker. On my strat I will
have to see. I have lace sensors and they are for the most part pretty
quite except for a few angles with the monitors. By bass however has
active EMGs and they work like crap. I need to go in and do some of that
shielding. Optical, strange.

Rick

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, STEFFL, ERIK *Internet* (SBCSI) wrote:

> what about optical pick-ups? I don't have any experience, just seen ads...
>
> erik
> > --
> > Time flies like an arrow
> > but fruit flies like a banana...